Growing up my mom had a red plate that she would serve our dinner on when we had a special day. Birthdays, straight A's, and big accomplishments were all cause for celebration with the red plate. There was just something really special about having a different plate from the rest of the fam and the fact that it says "You are special today" had something to do with it too. I have a lot of great memories with my red plate and am excited to continue this tradition with my own family. So, Saturday was Kinsley's red plate day. We started the day with breakfast at lil K's favorite taco joint and then went to the salon for her very first haircut. She did a great job once they brought out the sucker. As for myself, I was the idiot I swore I would never become, snapping pictures like I was the paparazzi and shedding a tear when she made that first cut. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be the last time. Anyways, from there we did a little shopping, had lunch with Doug and Leah and, my favorite part of the day, took a 3 hr. nap together. Kinsley finished off her special day with dinner on her red plate. It was a great mommy-Kinsley day and I can't wait for the next one!
12 years ago

Aaawww, she looks so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteprecious- glad yall had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI love your red plate idea!!! How special. AND Kinsley is a doll!
ReplyDeletelove the red plate idea! Kinsley's hair looks so cute...as always! Wow, she did have alot cut off. All of you look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteshe looks so adorable, posing in that super cute dress!!
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I have enjoyed catching up on your blog!! I think the red plate is the greatest idea! And the haircut pics? I shed a tear for you. How precious! Leah is getting so big already! How time flies! Your family is so precious. Love y'all!
ReplyDelete