CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Future Olympian

Our little miss Shawn Johnson has been busy perfecting her gymnastic moves this summer. Since Kinsley could walk I've been taking her to the gym at least a couple of times a month for their "playnastics" aka open gym. She loves it there and I always get a good nap on those days so I decided to sign her up for the babynastics class that caters to 18mo to 3 year olds. At first I was a little unsure if gymnastics was our thing. The teacher even politely suggested we work on some of the skills at home. So Doug, who took gymnastics in middle school (heehee) and considers himself quite the expert, took it upon himself to show Kins the ropes. He did a pretty good job and within a couple of weeks she had mastered her forward roll and her log roll. You would be really impressed if you would have seen what these looked like to begin with. We just finished up the season and Kinsley had a blast! The same gym goes to her mother's day out program once a week so she'll get to continue her "training" in the fall.

The parallel bars


She loves swinging on these rings


We're still working on the landing from the forward roll...baby steps


I love this pic


The trampoline is her FAVORITE!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like she really enjoyed her time in gymnastics! :) She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete