December is a very big and expensive month for us. We celebrate 3 birthdays (Jesus', myself, and Kins) and our anniversary (7 yrs). Then there's Doug's braces we just payed for and Leah's birthday is just around the corner. Anyways, I found out about a great deal for some free Christmas cards. You just have to upload your own photos and you get 50 cards FREE. Always being one for a good deal, especially in Dec, I wanted to take advantage of this. I've been trying to find a good time to take the girl's pictures but it always seems to be nap time, time to eat, bed time, melt down time, or just not a good time. So on Sunday afternoon I decided we just needed to go for it and I quick made a couple of pink bows, threw on their Christmas shirts and we headed to the park for our photo shoot. I carried along Kinsleys bike and the promise of a lollipop for bribes, excuse me, reiforcements. My hopes of getting a good picture were soon dashed when we set them up for the first picture and I realized this was not going to be as easy as I thought it would be. First of all, our camera is old and doesn't take the best pictures. Secondly, I was competing with all of the things a park has to offer an almost 3 year old and 10 month old. Finally, I'm just not very good at taking pictures. Poor Doug was a casualty of my efforts as I humilliated him by making crazy noises and hand gestures in a fruitless attempt to capture their attention. I was so determined to get my free photos that I didn't even care that everyone was staring and laughing at us. In the end we decided to save up for a real photographer next year.
Here my friends are some of the images I captured:
Hello!!! Look at the camera!!!
Again, I'm over here!
Girls, look at mommy!
Look at me and I'll give you a lollipop and bottle!
Thank you Leah. Kinsley, your grounded.
Oh forget it!
I did manage to get a few good shots
Finally
Don't these look very artistic - ignore the lighting
I was pretty proud of myself
Kinsley had bailed on me in this pic and was
heading towards the river. It was as if Leah
was saying "Look mom, I'm a good girl. Cheese!"
Then I got Kinsley back and Leah bailed on me.
A leaf was calling her name.

Oh, that is so funny! There were some good ones in the mix. Happy Thanksgiving, Vogels!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Thanks for the giggle! You are soo funny! Kiss those girls for me! I miss them! XO
ReplyDeleteOh my! I had to laugh while reading your post! You did get some really good pics! I loved all the pics and we miss you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures.
ReplyDelete