My family and close friends know how much I treasure my sleep. I need at least 8 hours at night in order to feel refreshed and I really prefer 9-10. God knows this. He knows that I am a better wife, mother, and person when I get my sleep. I firmly believe that He only gives us as much as we can handle. Which is why, I believe he blessed me with Doug and Kinsley who like to sleep as much as I do. However, when I was pregnant with Leah I suffered from insomnia the entire 39 weeks. Then, of course I had a newborn who was up every 2-3 hours. After months of not sleeping I had just resigned myself to the fact that I would never sleep more than 2 consecutive hours at a time. Never underestimate the grace and power of God! At only 3 months old, Leah is now sleeping 9-10 hours. I feed her and she's back down for another 3! Can I get an Amen?!!! I feel like a new woman and I'm finally getting around to things that have been on my list forever - like this blog. God Is Good!
Sleeping Beauty herself

My other sleeping princess.
No nap and her first swim of the season was
just too much to handle.
I love photos of sleeping babies!!!! Precious! XO
ReplyDelete